Dr. James Muiruri Foundation. Established in memory of Dr. James Muiruri, a capacity and Peace building initiative which seeks to train, engage, inform and improve the lives of young Kenyans. In keeping with Dr. James believes and vision, the foundation is dedicated in bringing the youth of Kenya together in an effect to increase opportunity for children with the greatest need in Kenya, through education and mentor ship programs.
Dr. James Muiruri had the heart to assist the poor. He had a heart and touched many souls in Kenya and abroad and especially the young rivers of river chania. Locally, he had sponsored a journalism club in kibera slums Nairobi, to improve spoken and written English amongst the children and the youth in this area. He was also the chairman of Nyari Youth Association whose aim was to bring together the youth for a common purpose.
- Sponsorship of the needy, vulnerable and orphaned students in primary and secondary schools.
- Career advice and mentorship of primary and secondary school students
- Life skills and counseling of the of the primary and secondary school students
- Economic empowerment of youths out of school through entrepreneurship training, business planning and financial linkages.
- Nature conservation through trees panting to mitigate against climate change.